Hello there. Once again I'm here to share my program, Jr. Giants Speaks, with you. This is a quick questionnaire which will allow you to get a clearer picture of your child/children's skill level.
1. Does your child have difficulty making friends?
2. Does your child become easily frustrated?
3. Once frustrated, does your child need support to shift their mood?
4. Does your child struggle with making decisions in their social settings?
5. Does trying new things cause your child anxiety?
6. Does your child mismanage their time?
7. Does your child's notebook look a mess?
If you answered 'Yes' to three or more of these questions, may indicate that your child would benefit from learning a few life skills.
Let's start with a very simple skill. S.T.O.P. Learning this skill can be very helpful because it allows time to think before acting.
S - Silent. Take a moment to silence your own thoughts as well as your surroundings
T - Take a deep breath. Relax. Any time you're anxious, making decisions or getting yourself
under control is more difficult; so take a deep breath and release it slowly.
O - Organize your thoughts. Prioritize you actions so that you move deliberately
P - Proceed with a plan. Your plan comes once you prioritize your action.
Take this simple skill and learn it. Then teach it to you child and encourage them to use it. Please make a big deal of it when they use it. That's all for now. Stay tuned and I'd love to hear your feedback.